I am a coffee addict. I have accepted my problem, but there’s no going back. The only time I did not have coffee was first trimester of pregnancy because I felt so sick :(. But as soon as the intense part of that passed, I was back at it even during pregnancy. I would drink one cup of regular in the morning and decaf for the rest of the day. So that’s how you know I am a true coffee lover, I love it for the taste, not just the caffeine.
I have discovered a few tips and tricks whether you make coffee in or buy it out that I want to share with you. I want to spread the coffee love! I am always looking for delicious ways to make it at home and cheaper ways to order it at Starbucks.
At home tricks
- Cinnamon in the grounds – I am starting out with an easier one that many of you probably know already, but dashing some cinnamon in your grounds BEFORE you brew the coffee makes it taste so warm and seasoned!
- Whipped coconut cream – This is one I have just discovered. Buy a can of coconut cream, whip it in a bowl with a teeny tiny bit of vanilla extract and a tiny dash of sugar (add more if you really want something sweet, but I don’t put sugar in my coffee). Whip/blend it for as long as you can so that it’s really frothy. Then I save it in a container in the fridge and add a couple of spoonfuls to my coffee! It tastes DELICIOUS and the coconut cream is a healthy fat, so it fills you up a bit. This is a great energizer drink to have before you work out or go on a run. And it’s a great flavor for the summer!
- Whipped cream – This is fun and silly but if you need an extra pick me up because it has been a hard morning, pull out the whipped cream in the side door of your fridge and add some to the top of your coffee. It melts in your coffee for cream and it makes it a little special.
- Iced coffee – in my humble opinion an iced coffee at Starbucks is way more delicious than an iced latte. Their iced coffee is strong so when the ice melts, it’s not a big deal compared to when it melts in a latte. Or ask for light ice. Add cream and a flavored syrup if you want and it is so delicious! Or just ask them to sweeten it, and it’s free and still as delicious! Definitely more bang for your buck.
- Misto – this is my go-to hot drink at Starbucks. Similar to the iced coffee thing, this is just as delicious as a latte and cheaper. A misto is like 3/4 coffee, 1/4 steamed milk. You can change up the milk with almond milk or coconut milk if you want. I used to ask for whole milk but now I’m off of dairy mostly, so I love the coconut milk! And add a flavor if you want. I normally don’t get a flavor, but when I do, I ask for half the amount of pumps. And it’s like half the price of a latte.